- At Summerfields we consider regular attendance extremely important and it is our aim that every child attends school every day.
- Often parents are unaware of how a few days off 'here and there' can affect their child’s attendance, therefore we regularly monitor every pupil’s attendance.
- In recognition of good attendance we award an Attendance Trophy to classes and a SAM (School attendance matters) Bear in celebration assemblies.
Bright Sparks Breakfast, Out of Hours School Club and Holiday Club
These clubs are offered by Bright Sparks on our school site. Breakfast club runs from 8am-8.45am and Out of Hours School Club from 3pm-6pm. There are also Holiday Clubs held during the Summer holidays and half terms. For further details please contact them directly on 559098.
Friends of Summerfields
All parents are welcome to get involved in this group to raise money for the school by organising school fayres, discos, quizzes, etc. This money helps fund school trips and extra equipment. Come along to a meeting and find out more.
Golden Rules of Reading
Independence at Summerfields
My Child’s Progress
- You will be kept up to date with your child’s progress during the Autumn and Spring terms at Parents Meetings. Two formal reports will also be written about your child and sent to you during the Spring and Summer terms.
- You will be given a Parent Planner at the start of each topic with the themes and projects the children will be doing. This will help you support your child’s learning at home.
Helping My Child at Home
- Read to and with your child at home.
- Talk to your child and question them about things that they see and do.
- Help your child with their homework including learning their school spellings.
- Praise your child and try to remain positive with them.
Phonic Support for Parents
Children are elected by their classmates to represent the class. Meetings are held at least half termly to discuss important issues relating to the school.
Reading Information Sheet
Permission slips and how to pay
- All school trips must be paid for in advance and permission slips returned by the deadline set in the letter advising of the trip.
- Payment must be via schoolmoney.co.uk or PayPoint as school are unable to accept payments.
'School is a happy and nurturing place. Pupils enjoy coming to school.' - Ofsted 2018
'Useful training ensures that staff and governors understand their responsibilities in relation to safeguarding, enabling them to act with confidence.' - Ofsted 2018