How to find us
History in action
Welcome to Summerfields Primary School
Welcome to our school website; I hope it will give you an insight into the many opportunities that we offer our children whilst also providing lots of helpful information about the school. Summerfields is a relatively small school tucked away in Newport; whilst being just a short walk from the town. The children benefit from fantastic grounds and lots of space!
Everyone here works as part of the Summerfields team and we are extremely proud of the friendly and welcoming feel of the school. We are also proud of the positive and active role the children have in school life and of the partnerships we enjoy with our parent community. We aspire to always "Be the best we can be".
As well as supporting our children to achieve their best academically, at Summerfields Primary School we aim to foster a spirit of belonging and caring for others. We believe it is equally important to help children to flourish as confident and happy young people, ready for life beyond the school gates.
If you would like to see Summerfields Primary in action or have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us; it is always a pleasure to welcome parents and visitors to our school.
Mrs Melanie Gartell, Headteacher
Our values, beliefs and visions
Our Values help us to achieve our motto
"be the best we can be"
At Summerfields Primary School children come first and every child matters. We are inclusive and recognise that everyone has the right be heard and to be taught in a safe environment. Children and adults should never give up, team work enables us to overcome challenges so that we can all be the best we can be. There are three core values at Summerfields that are easy as ABC for the children to remember.
Our Vision, or why do we exist?
To provide an inclusive, nurturing school where children achieve well, enjoy their learning and acquire skills they need to succeed in a changing world.
Our mission - What we do
- We put children at the centre of everything we do, ensuring every decision is made with their best interests at heart. It is our responsibility to give children the best we can.
- We create a calm, happy, safe environment where all children are valued, have a sense of belonging, are respected and treated as we would like to be treated.
- We ensure lessons are engaging, meaningful and enable children to make good progress.
- We encourage children to have good manners and live out the values of the school which will help prepare them for a rapidly changing world.
- We work in close partnership with the community, including parents, endeavouring to provide good communication, guidance and support for the benefit of the children.
- We will achieve the best we possibly can through effort and hard work.
- We will take pride in our achievements and believe that we can create a positive change.
- We will be brave and ambitious and use a growth mindset to get there.
- We will accept feedback in order to improve.
- We will keep motivation high as we know this is how we can be the best we can be.
- We will feel valued and a sense of belonging in school.
- We will feel connected to our class, the whole school and the community.
- We will work as a team and persevere.
- We will celebrate diversity, and value everyone’s contribution.
- We will take on responsibility as this is how we can be the best we can be.
- We will care for each other and remember that our choices affect other people.
- We will show respect for ourselves, other children and adults and the environment.
- We will have a positive attitude.
- We will be kind, honest and tell the truth, making sure we are the best we can be.
We achieve… We belong… We care
Wed, 20th Mar 2024
- Year 5 Class Assembly
Thu, 28th Mar 2024
- Last day before Easter
Last day before Easter
Mon, 15th Apr 2024
- Back after Easter
First day back
Mon, 6th May 2024
- Bank Holiday
Thu, 9th May 2024
- Year 4 Class Assembly
Request for paper copies
If you wish to request a paper copy of any information held on the school website such as policies, then please contact the school office on 01983525085. These printouts will be provided free of charge.